WASHINGTON STATE BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION
Keeping the Bee in Business
WASBA course instructors are required:
- To be a member of WASBA
- To be certified at a Journeyman or Master Level Beekeeper, or be under the direction of one
- To use the approved WASBA Course Materials, augmenting with additional information as appropriate
- Obtain the current WASBA Course Materials for the class being taught by using the Order Form here. Please contact email@example.com to verify the most recent edition and allow two weeks for Course Materials delivery.
- Use the WASBA Progress Form 2020 to capture student/class information.
- Download the WASBA Course Report Form. The Course Report must be downloaded using the download icon at the top right of the screen. DO NOT use Google Sheets; the form must be downloaded.
- If you are using Open Office you will not see the “enable editing” prompt described below, just fill in the form.
- When you open the form click on the “enable editing” prompt at the top of the form and then click on the “enable content”. The Course Report is an Excel spreadsheet with 3 tabs. Please read the instructions on the Instructions tab at the bottom of the form before filling out the form. Complete both sheets (Students, Course). If you do not have information for a cell, leave it blank. DO NOT put in comments or N/A. If you have problems accessing or submitting the spreadsheet contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email a copy of the spreadsheet to email@example.com
Note: Certificates will not be issued until payment has been received.
If your association is currently a member of WASBA, the course materials for the Beginning, Apprentice, and Journeyman Beekeeper courses can be obtained from us by using the Order Form here and contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (If your club is not a member, you can easily become a member simply by contacting the WASBA Treasurer Treasurer@wasba.org). The yearly dues are a modest, $1/club member/year.
We have had a number of questions on how to use the instructor notes feature in PowerPoint. Here is a link to a short video
Beginning Beekeeper Course
The Beginning Beekeeper Course includes a written manual, test questions/answers from which instructors may select to create an exam, and PowerPoint presentations for each of the chapters in the manual. The PowerPoint presentation is provided to each club as a guideline as we understand that, due to differences across our state, some modifications need to be made based on location and circumstances. Instructors can easily make these changes to the presentation by editing the Notes area on each slide.
Apprentice Beekeeper Course
The Apprentice Beekeeping Course has been revised and all materials including a written manual, test questions/answers from which instructors may select to create an exam, and PowerPoint presentations with Notes that can be edited by the instructor for each of the chapters in the manual are now available.
Journeyman Beekeeper Course
The Journeyman Beekeeping Course includes the manual, test questions/answers from which instructors may select to create an exam, Power Point presentations with Notes that can be edited by the instructor for each of the chapters in the manual, and suggested homework topics.
All course materials will be revised annually to ensure inclusion of current research and corrections will be made more frequently if necessary.