The Journeyman level requires the student to have more knowledge and skills in beekeeping.
It also requires:
- Paid membership in Washington State Beekeepers Association
- A minimum of three years experience
- A field test at the applicant’s apiary
- Knowledge of colony management, public relations, state and federal laws, honey judging, sanitation, economics
- obtaining 30 public service points
- Students are expected to keep a journal for one year to keep track of their beekeeping experiences and observations about bees and beekeeping
- Students are expected to acquire information from beekeeping books and journals and other sources.
- If possible, each student must mentor a beginner beekeeper for one year
- A series of ten exams are required covering each section of the course.
Journeyman testing will be in person, scored by a WSBA experienced beekeeper or other qualified experienced beekeeper.
For more detailed requirements, please refer to the Journeyman Syllabus
Normally, the journeyman level is facilitated through your local club. The education coordinator for your local club is the appropriate person to contact regarding attainment of the journeyman level.
In the event that your local club is unable to coordinate your effort to achieve the journeyman level, contact the Committee at email@example.com to have a local coordinator assigned. In some cases online certification can be arranged.