Washington State Beekeepers Association
Keeping the Bee in Business
The Master level program is for the committed beekeeper who wants to be involved in independent study on beekeeping related topics with the intent of not only furthering their own knowledge but also expanding the information currently available on honey bees and beekeeping.
- To help those interested in beekeeping determine whether it is an activity that they should pursue in terms of time, effort and cost;
- To increase the knowledge of beekeepers about honey bees;
- To develop a pool of people capable of dealing with the media and public on bees and beekeeping;
- To provide an objective system for an individual to evaluate and measure their own level of expertise; and
- To encourage membership in and support of both WASBA and local beekeeper associations.
WASBA charges a small fee for certification that goes toward the costs of administering the program as well as funding activities that promote the overall interests of beekeepers in Washington.
$25 for class including manual, certificate, membership.
$20 for the class, membership, and certificate.
$35 for class including manual, certificate, membership and patch.
$25 for class, membership, certificate and patch.
$50 for class including manual, certificate, membership and patch.
$35 for class, membership, certificate and patch.
The fees are as follows:
- Beginning Level: $20 per student
- Apprentice level: $20 per student
- Journeyman level: $30 per student
- Master level: $50 per student*
*Reciprocal recognition for successful completion of the University of Montana, Master Level Beekeeping Course can receive a WASBA Masters certification: $20 per student
WASBA has an agreement with the Washington State Department of Corrections (DOC) and the Oregon State Department of Corrections that the certification fee for incarcerated individuals is set at $5 per level.
The above fees are in addition to any fees charged for instruction by local associations or instructors.
Candidates for Journeyman and Master level programs are also required to be members of WASBA.