Think you may have a bee swarm?
- Bee swarms are not aggressive. If you find a swarm of honeybees on or near your property, don’t worry!
- Bees are valuable! Please don’t use insecticide or call an exterminator.
- Check out our resources below. Local beekeepers are usually happy to help you remove the swarm.
Not sure that it’s a honeybee swarm?
Honeybee swarms are easy to identify. For one, there won’t be a hive of any type, just a large mass of bees clinging to an object. Also, a honeybee is different from a wasp and yellowjacket as identified by the pictures here:
Check out these resources in your area:
- Mount Baker Beekeepers (Bellingham & Whatcom County): http://www.mtbakerbeekeepers.org/swarm-catchers/
- Stanwood-Camano Beekeepers: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stanwood-Camano-Beekeepers/191707364192219?ref=hl
- Stanwood-Camano area: David Greenleaf – 360-913-2786 or T. Austin – 425-238-4787
- Northwest District Beekeepers: http://www.nwdba.org/swarmcall.html
- Skagit Valley Beekeepers: http://skagitvalleybeekeepers.org/swarm/index.htm
- Whidbey Island Beekeepers: http://whidbees.wordpress.com/do-you-have-a-swarm-of-honey-bees/
Located in Port Angeles, will travel most of Clallam and Jefferson county to collect a swarm or do cutouts. Will also remove hornet nests from buildings and the ground for a fee on a case by case basis. Contact information is Gus Gustafson 360-477-3052 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Puget Sound Beekeepers: http://www.pugetsoundbees.org/psba-swarm-list/
- Snoqualmie Valley Beekeepers: http://www.snoqualmievalleybeekeepers.org/swarm-list
- West Sound Beekeepers: http://www.westsoundbees.org/mentor_list.htm
- Clark County Beekeepers: http://www.ccbees.net
- Clark County area: John Lies, 1st- Cell # 360-518-0787, 2nd- Work # 360-573-8330, 3rd- Home # 360-573-0985, or Jlies@comcast.net
- Lewis County Beekeepers: http://lewiscountybeekeepers.org/swarm_capture__colony_removal
- Olympia Beekeepers: Contact Gail Booth at 360-491-4968
- Pierce County Beekeepers: http://www.pcbeekeepers.org/officers.php
- Central Washington Beekeepers: http://www.yakimabees.com/swarm-removal.html
- Beekeepers of Kittitas County: Kat Satnik 509-962-4043
- North Central Washington Beekeepers Association
Swarm Commanders! Maria Langer 509-699-8044
Felix Slette (509) 885-3407
- Or message our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NCWBees