The 2014 North American Beekeeping Conference & Tradeshow will be held January 7-11, 2014, at the River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This will be an ABF conference like no other conference you’ve ever attended. We are shaking things up and making changes to the structure of the conference, based on your feedback.
Here are just a few changes you will see:
- The beekeeping field trip will now precede the conference and be held on Tuesday, January 7th. Join us for a fun and informative outing to the USDA Honey Bee Research Lab in Baton Rouge.
- The welcome reception will be held on Wednesday evening, January 8th in the Tradeshow.
- Wednesday morning and all-day Thursday will be dedicated to general sessions with presentations from industry experts.
- Friday morning will feature track sessions with Beginning, Serious Sideliner, Producer/Packer, Commercial and Research topics.
- We’ve added a 2nd keynote presentation on Friday, just after lunch.
- And… by popular request, we’ve moved the ABF Business Meeting to Friday afternoon.
- Saturday will include our traditional hands-on workshops; however, we’ve extended the workshops through 3:00 PM (that gives you 24-topics to select from).
Additionally, we’ve gone to a “call for papers” process in an effort to invite new speakers to the conference. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in presenting, please submit the Call for Papers form for consideration. Call for Papers forms are due by Friday, August 16, 2013.
We will continue to have our SIG meetings on Wednesday afternoon, the Auxiliary Breakfast/Meeting on Thursday morning, the optional Social activity on Thursday evening, the Foundation Luncheon on Friday, as well as the Honey Show, and the ABF Annual Banquet on Saturday evening. Other traditional ABF activities will continue as well, including the live and silent auctions.
As you can see, this is sure to be an exciting conference and one we can’t wait to share with you. Registration is now open, and we encourage you to make your plans to attend now.
Please be sure to visit the conference website for additional information, including hotel accommodations, schedule at a glance, exhibitor & sponsor opportunities and much more.
We look forward to seeing you in Baton Rouge!